If you are from the south or moved here recently, you may know a thing or two about Goo-Goo clusters. If you have never heard of them, it’s about time we change that for you! This chocolate, peanut, and marshmallow treat will melt right in your mouth. There is no holding back when you get your hands on these. Take a look at how you can make these at home. Trust us, you won’t be able to get enough!
Recipe and How to Make
This recipe is fairly simple and quick to make. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 (14.5) ounces canned sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups roasted peanut halves
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
Follow These Steps to Make Your Goo-Goo Clusters
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with waxed paper. Make sure to spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray
- Spread peanuts and marshmallows over the bottom of the dish evenly
- Grab a microwave-safe bowl and melt your milk chocolate and condensed milk for one minute. Next, stir together, and if the chocolate is not completely melted, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Pour your melted chocolate over your peanuts and marshmallows then place in your freezer until hardened
- Remove the wax paper from the bottom of the candy and cut it into pieces
You might also like: These Tips Will Help Your Vehicle Live Longer
This is a soft candy and would be best if kept in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve. You can make this in advance if needed. The candy is good frozen for up to three months. Also, make sure you use sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk, and these are two different products. If you want to save this recipe for later, feel free to print it off so you can add it to your cookbook. If you think a friend or family member will enjoy this sweet treat, send them this recipe!