If you’re seeking to make a new tradition with your family this holiday season, consider taking part in a parade. While you might attend the local parade each year, why not actually partake in the parade this year? It can be a family project; decorating floats and dressing up. If you think this sounds like a fun idea for you and your family, you’ll want to attend the 2019 Lebanon Christmas Parade! Keep reading to learn more!
Important Information About the Parade
The Lebanon Parade is hosted by the Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Commerce. As the city of Lebanon celebrates 200 years, the theme of the Christmas parade is “A Hometown Christmas.” The parade will be held on Sunday, December 1 at 2:00 p.m. This event is kid-friendly and everyone in the community is invited to attend.
If you’re planning on attending the parade, be sure to get there early in order to get a good spot. You’ll be able to see Santa Claus, receive handfuls of candy, view the many decorative floats, and much more.
You might also like: Dive Into History At Fiddlers Grove
What to Expect When Being a Parade Participant
For those of you interested in attending the parade, be sure to fill out the form and deliver it to the Chamber of Commerce. You can find the parade registration form online. Some of the rules to remember include the following:
- Be sure to add some additional magic to your float or car by adding music. Music is strongly encouraged as it helps keep the crowd excited and active.
- Throwing candy is not allowed. If you wish to purchase candy and hand it out, you’ll need to hand it to kids.
- The price of entering the parade is $30.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the staging area or during the parade.
- Do not dress up as Santa Claus. This will confuse children since there’s only supposed to be one Saint Nick!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.