October is such a festive month filled with pumpkin scents, gorgeous scenery, and all things Halloween! Looking for some fun things to do this month? Here is a list packed with ideas for all ages to enjoy this season!
- Bake With Cranberries: October is the prime harvesting season for cranberries. These tart berries are a wonderful addition to lots of desserts!
- Homemade Candied Apples: After September apple-picking, this tasty autumn treat will be perfect to set out at any Halloween party, or to hand out to trick-or-treaters.
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie: Everyone loves a good pumpkin pie during the fall holidays! Go ahead and perfect your recipe to get prepared for Thanksgiving next month.
- Decorate for Fall: Dust off those plastic pumpkins, hang pretend bats from your front porch, and start decorating your home for the whole neighborhood to see.
- Press Leaves: Go out and collect some beautiful, fall-colored leaves. Find a big book to press and preserve these leaves to brighten up your home during the dreary winter months.
- Make Your Own Candles: Love the smell of fall-scented candles? Make your own! This is a super fun craft the whole family can enjoy together on a rainy evening indoors!
- Watch a Scary Movie: Call up your best friends, pop some popcorn, and settle in for a horror movie marathon. There are hundreds of fantastic movies for the season!
- Take a Hike: Put on some warm clothes, grab your dog’s leash and collar, and hit the trails. Enjoy the beautiful leaves and crisp autumn air on your hike!
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch: This is the perfect day trip to spice up your Instagram feed. Put on your cutest fall sweater and take lots of #selfies at your local pumpkin patch!
You might also like: Why It Is Important To Rotate Your Tires
- Dress-Up: Plan the perfect costume that really represents who you are, or who you want to be! Go out on Halloween and get lots of candy.
- Hand Out Candy: If dressing up isn’t really your thing, no need to worry! Grab a bowl of candy, turn on your outdoor lights, and welcome trick-or-treaters.
- Attend a Halloween Party: Go out to a super fun costume party with all your favorite people. Enjoy the festive snacks and sights on the one night of year made for fun and freights!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.